Over time, I've come to really love and appreciate my vintage 1950's working clock purse more than any other purse in my collection HANDS DOWN. It always gets a remark from everyone it seems. No one has seen anything quite like it! My Grandmother Kutch (the one who used to own an antique store called, 'Plain Jane's Antiques' in Taylorville, IL) is the one who bought it for me for my 20th birthday. I didn't really know what to think or how to act the first time I saw it's majesty. I stared at it for a long time trying to figure out if I liked it and still wasn't sure. I started to wear it around and started getting a mass of comments and compliments on it. Most people just say, "WOAH! It's a CLOCK! NEAT!" And they're on their way. Others just freak out about it. It's very entertaining. I want someone else to also experience the magic of this purse! It's such a statement. Anyway, having used it for a while, I started to understand what I could and couldn't wear with it and what looked the best. Here are my outfits with the purse.......... which is your favorite?♥.
1. this outfit proved to be one of my favorites over the summer.. and adding the purse just topped it off perfectly! I love the long handle to swing it around and drape it over the shoulder.
2. Adding it to this outfit was an unexpected touch because it doesn't match anything I have on (besides the white face on the clock and the white of my shoes). It still managed to work...........
3. The purse looked so good next to the dried hydrangeas in this photo that I almost considered it as part of the landscape rather than part of my outfit..... I snapped some of my favorite photos ever with these beautiful flowers and this purse that day. Have a quick look!
4. This photo is only the second time I ever photographed myself with this purse, so I was still getting used to it. It seems to be the outfit most closely matched to the purse. The shiny t-straps with the purse and the coal-hue feathers really made me start understanding how to pair the purse with an outfit.
5. And, bada boom bada bing- the first outfit I ever worse the purse with! I love these photos because this is only the 3rd time I ever used a tripod and I don't get to shoot locations like this often. I love fashion wilderness adventures...! Don't you?