Hi, there! I've been thinking lately about loving your own blog.. and there are many ways to achieve this! I personally love being on my own blog (don't be ashamed if you do, too... it's a GREAT THING!) Actually, you may love your blog SO much that you no longer feel the need to read ANY further.. THAT IS GREAT! JUST STOP NOW! For the rest of us who don't quite love our blog to infinity and would like a few suggestions.. here are some pointers on radically self-loving your own blog!♥.
1. Make your own inspiration. THIS is number one because often I found myself waking up to immediately check other blogs rather than my own! If you do this- what does it SAY about your blog? If you won't visit it, nobody else will, either! Make sure you love spending time on your blog. Ask yourself: what have I DONE that is inspiring to other people today or yesterday? Make something happen. Blog about it. Take pictures. Go on an adventure to find pretty things. Craft something. Don't be a copycat (did I just use that phrase? lol). BE YOUR OWN INSPIRATION.
2. Send out your love. If you don't try to meet people through blogging, then you don't care about this post. If your blog is just for you and you don't care about making life long relationships that will one day turn into reality then you can probably stop reading now. I personally have found that blogging has helped me in SO many ways and among those ways is: new friendships. The point of number two is to get out there, leave comments for others, guest post for your favorite bloggers, aspire to be friends with someone who you look up to! Bloggers with friends in the blogging community usually always have stronger blogs because they feed off each other and help each other! It's also another way I've come to acquire sponsors. :D
3. Keep an organized archive. Once I did this, it was SO much easier to look back at the past in a no hassle, no fuss way! I can't recommend LABELS to you enough.. and, it's fun when you stumble upon a new blog and you see all of their little side buttons with their categories (all you have to do is add 'labels' when you go into the design section of your blog.. then every time you write a new post, the little 'Labels:' section shows up! It's wonderful!)
4. Get a decent camera. I don't have the snazziest camera, and I am saving up for a much nicer one in the near future.. but it does the job decently. It helps to have a jar by your bed that you CAN'T get into where you can deposit money for a new camera. No one will like spending a lot of time on your blog if you don't have pretty photos that YOU took YOURSELF. Otherwise, what's the point? It should be YOUR blog filled with YOUR adventures! (and that's fun!)
5. Make a desktop folder labeled, "inspiration" Ever seen a really inspiring photo on a blog that you wish you'd saved? We all have! This is a way to save it and remember why it inspired you! I've been doing this for a few years now and I couldn't be happier about it. Blogging about it is another story. Usually, I look at the photos to BE inspired, and then I take my own twist from the inspiration and make my own projects! It's getting to point where blogger is NOT tumblr, weheartit, flickr, pininterest, etc, etc, etc. and you probably already have one, two, or all of those sites where you already share your inspirations. Take your own photos and post them! That is really what other people want to see! This being said, most don't mind inspirational posts when they have themes or they're all taken by the same photographer.
good luck loving your blog even more♥.
love, polly :)